The fabric used in surgical gowns is a medical shielding fabric. This material has good barrier properties and can prevent liquids and microorganisms from penetrating the skin of medical workers.
1. Cotton surgical gown. Surgical gowns, which are the most widely used and most dependent in medical institutions, have good air permeability, but have poor barrier and protection functions. The cotton material is prone to flocculation, which makes the maintenance cost of the hospital’s ventilation equipment a lot of burden.
2. High-density polyester fabric. This type of fabric is mainly made of polyester fiber, and conductive materials are embedded on the surface of the fabric, so that the fabric has a certain antistatic effect, so that the comfort of the wearer is also improved. This type of fabric has a certain degree of hydrophobicity, is not easy to produce cotton bleaching and has the advantages of high repeated use rate. This kind of fabric has a good antibacterial effect.
3. PE (polyethylene), TPU (thermoplastic polyurethane elastic rubber), PTFE (Teflon) multilayer laminated film composite surgical gown. The surgical gown has excellent protective performance and comfortable breathability, which can effectively block the penetration of blood, bacteria and even viruses. But the domestic popularity is not very wide.
4. (PP) Polypropylene spunbond fabric. Compared with traditional cotton surgical gowns, this material can be used as a disposable surgical gown material because of its low price and certain antibacterial and antistatic advantages. However, this material has a comparatively high resistance to hydrostatic pressure. Low, and the barrier effect to the virus is relatively poor, so it can only be used as a sterile surgical gown.
5. Polyester fiber and wood pulp composite spun cloth. Generally only used as a material for disposable surgical gowns.
6. Polypropylene spunbond-meltblown-spun. Adhesive composite non-fabric (ie SMS or SMMS): This material is a high-quality product of a new type of composite material. The material has high resistance after being treated with three antibodies (anti-alcohol, anti-blood, and anti-oil), anti-static and anti-bacterial. Hydrostatic pressure capacity. SMS nonwovens are widely used at home and abroad, and are often used to make high-end surgical gowns.